The pedigree is the genealogy of a dog and also the document that certifies it. Using this document, the blood purity of the dog is accredited. The belonging to its race is demonstrated, and its ancestors are known.
The pedigree serves primarily to demonstrate:
- What are the ancestors of a dog?
- That it is purebred.
- Descended from a champion.
- That it does not have any hereditary deformation.
It is also an essential document to registeryour furry friend in beauty or canine morphology contest.
The R.S.C.E. It is the Royal Canine Society of Spain. The most prestigious body in Spain to issue and seal pedigree documents in the country.
L.O.E. (Spanish Origins Book) is one of the two books of the R.S.C.E. where the pedigree of the dogs is noted. The other book is the R.R.C. (Registry of Canine Breeds). From the L.O.E., You can get the pedigree of the dog, which will include its last three generations and the rest of the data. The L.O.E. it is the only official pedigree valid internationally.
In the document of the pedigree of a dog issued by the R.S.C.E. contains the following information:
- Name of the Genealogical Book and number with which the dog has been registered.
- Date of registration.
- Name of the dog.
- Championship titles were obtained.
- Race, variety, sex, and color.
- Date of birth.
- Identification code (tattoo or microchip).
- Name of the breeder.
- Date of transfer of ownership.
- Name and address of the owner.
- Date of issuance of the pedigree.
- Authorized signatures of the Canine Society.
- Name and registration number of the ancestors.
The price of the pedigree depends on several factors: the Autonomous Community in which it is processed, the sex and breed of the dog, its parents, etc.
No. We begin to manage the pedigree only during the first months of the puppy’s age, following the established process.
With the export of puppies from eastern countries, the falsification of the pedigree of dogs has skyrocketed. Now more than ever, it is necessary that you make sure to choose an excellent national breeder who guarantees responsible breeding, and above all, who teaches the parents with your puppy without making excuses.